Thursday, January 19, 2006

Your turn

I know that blogs are new to most of my readers, so now it's time to introduce comments.  Did you know you can add comments to my postings?  It's easy: just click on the "Permalink" link at the end of the post.  You will be taken to a page that contains the post, any existing comments, and a place to add your own comment.

Top five reasons to comment on this and other entries in Wombats and Cents:
1. You can share your opinion
2. You can create a dialog
3. You can let me know who's reading
4. You can let others know you're reading
5. You can tell me how the blog is going (verbose?  airy-fairy?  insightful?  boring?)

When you submit a comment it will not appear on the page immediately.  I review all comments prior to posting to make sure that they are appropriate (mostly to prevent spammers from using my site for unsavory purposes, and to make sure there's nothing offensive).  I do reserve the right to delete part or all of a comment, but it probably won't ever happen unless you give me a reason to.

When you're done you can use the links at the top of the page or on the right side to read my other posts.

2 comments:

  1. > mostly to prevent spammers from using my site for
    > unsavory purposes, and to make sure there's nothing offensive
    so that means that i, as a non-spammer, can make unsavory and offensive comments, right? (or do my first amendment protections not extend that far around the globe?)
    seriously, though, one thing i learned from my blog is that it's hard to get people to leave comments. coaxing is fine, but it doesn't work very well, especially long-term. (coersion works much better. ;)
    so, in the end, i've just resorted to limiting what i write about to only what i think will interest people... hopefully, enough to comment. (the number of drafts i've written which never make the cut is staggering.)
    oh, one more thing: it's been shown that blogs with photos (especially of attractive women) get read/commented more. (i'm not making this up.) so be happy; you have an innate advantage over me. (hmmm, maybe i should start writing my posts under sara's name--and picture?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here, I'm reading, and now I'm gone.
    Keep up the writing! It's a pleasure to hear about what's on your mind. My blog is quite scant and random. I'll give it some structure eventually.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter. Please note that I review all comments before they are published, which means it may be a few days before they appear on the blog.