Friday, November 25, 2005

Wandering the streets for peace and quiet

I took my son to his first session of child care this morning so I could get some work done outside of his naptime.  However, since the session was when he normally napped, I had to wander the streets for an hour pushing him in his stroller to get him to sleep before the childcare session started so he wouldn't be too grumpy to survive the whole 2.5 hours.  The irony was not lost on me.

Fortunately, I have just gotten a report that he has settled in very well and is doing better than many children his age do on their first day.  After 11 months of not being able to leave the room without him complaining, I have just managed to leave him in the next suburb without him getting upset and I'm wondering why I didn't do this ages ago.

1 comment:

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter. Please note that I review all comments before they are published, which means it may be a few days before they appear on the blog.